Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Altec 417

  1. #1
    Inactive Member LarryN's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2003
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm trying to find the wattage ratings and model characteristics of these models:

    417 B
    417 8H
    417 8H series II

    Anyone know or know a reference area?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 417 - Alnico's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2003
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member LarryN's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2003
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Love that user name! Thanks a whole lot, 417. We've been looking for awhile, for some definite specs on these. The guy I bought my series II's from and the guy I sold them to, were into Randy, also. I still have a pair of 16 ohm 417's in my Twin. I'm not sure what model they are, but the magnet covers are different on the II's. These are gray. (one speaker actually, is all black with no magnet cover) The II's were heavier also. The 16 ohmers have the Kustom label on them, because they came from one of the old tuck and roll finish cabinets. I love their sound. Very cool charts and pictures! Thanks a million!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 417 - Alnico's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2003
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It took a while for me to get time to come back.
    There seems to be a only a handful of people into the 417.
    I am always looking for more info.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member LarryN's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2003
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    417 - Do you or anyone else know the difference btetween the 417-B and the 417-C ?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 417 - Alnico's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2003
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am pretty sure the C is a newer version, yet what, if anything changed. I do not know.
    With the H in 1972, as the link shows, changes were made.
    I have seen 417 B's go back to 1968, I'd like to see if any versions before that.
    Unfortunately there is not much out there,or atleast I not found much.
    JBL's D-130 goes back to 1956 or so & there is a ton of info too.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member LarryN's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2003
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, 417. I may get a pair of the C's. You are more up on the Altecs than anyone else I've run into. It really helps me to spend my money more effectuively. It can be a real **** shoot, sometimes. I keep coming back to the 417's, after many trials of other speakers.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member LarryN's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2003
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess I can't edit here. I meant to say that I'm looking at getting a set of B's.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Jammin'John's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 29th, 2003
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    417-alnico.....I could not read those altec pages so I guess I'll just ask you.....I have a 417B-Dia Cone.....what is it ? What does Dia-Cone mean?
    I also have a 1465.....any info..????

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 417 - Alnico's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2003
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jammin'John, That ***** that you can't read those sheets.
    I have looked Hi & Lo to get info on the DIA cone w/o luck. The first thing is to see if your speakers have been re coned. Throw me the white # on the bottom of the cones & a description of it's condition. If they are newer cones the B, C designation may not matter.

    Larry, I have a "68" B that I had GPA re cone along w/ 6 other newer versions. It has the old style basket, shallow 4 bolt curved frame.
    I am mounting my newer units in Avatar cabs, that make me rear mount. I have the one w/ the older frame that I do not need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.